Apie
Jul 16 2004, 02:33 PM
I did some seaching, but I didn't find an answer. Thanks

eddie_ogburn
Jul 16 2004, 02:40 PM
As many as your little heart desires. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

exczar
Jul 16 2004, 02:47 PM
He's tryin to say dat dere ain't no limit, just make sure that they are uniquely marked!

scoop
Jul 16 2004, 03:40 PM
How many discs can you carry in a tourney

I've never tried to test my upper limit.

If the course is relatively flat and not too long, I think I could comfortable carry about 266 discs (170 gram avg. = 100 lbs) if I had a large enough bag.

However for hillier courses, I would probably be more comfortable carrying no more than 200 discs.

exczar
Jul 16 2004, 04:15 PM
How many discs can you carry in a tourney

I've never tried to test my upper limit.

If the course is relatively flat and not too long, I think I could comfortable carry about 266 discs (170 gram avg. = 100 lbs) if I had a large enough bag.

However for hillier courses, I would probably be more comfortable carrying no more than 200 discs.

My bad, I thought that he was looking for a rule about it, not asking us about our physical capabilities :o

Speaking of which, let's not talk about how large a bag we need, OK?

Apie
Jul 16 2004, 04:18 PM
So, How many do you guys carry? I have 15 that I carry, but usually only throw about 11. That includes putters so I can try the putt 4-5 times. I have never competed, this is what I carry any given day.

scoop
Jul 16 2004, 04:41 PM
So, How many do you guys carry?

Ok, I was just being a wise-guy since the question had already been answered correctly (you can carry as many disc as you want in tournament play; the only rule about the number of disc you can or must carry is only an implied rule: you must carry at least 1 disc, which is an implied but not directly stated rule).

I carry between 15-18 disc in my bag. On a typical round at my home course I will throw:
<ul type="square"> Orc for most long drives Buzz for short drives/up shots Putter for...well, putting Firebird for hard hyzer shots [/list]
So I could get away with carrying only 4 discs. But sometimes I throw a roller (DX Valk), or a fairway driver (CE Leopard), or a turn-over disc (JK Pro Valk), or a turn-over mid-range (Breeze)...

In other words, I don't use all the disc I carry. I don't always need all the disc I carry. But I'd rather carry it around and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

gnduke
Jul 16 2004, 06:10 PM
If you have someone on your card that will let you use their discs, you don't even have to carry the one. ;)

ck34
Jul 16 2004, 06:19 PM
If you have someone on your card that will let you use their discs, you don't even have to carry the one.

Even though it's not written, but probably should be in the Q&A, you should identify the borrowed disc(s) to others in the group for identification. The discs don't have your unique mark on them. However, the committee should probably add the word "your" unique mark to the next update for clarification on the borrowing situation since it's not explicit now. It doesn't mean you would actually need to mark the borrowed disc, just identify the marks on the one(s) you are throwing for that set of holes.

Chris Hysell
Jul 16 2004, 06:53 PM
I typically take around 350 to the course but I usually only throw around 10 per round.

gnduke
Jul 16 2004, 06:56 PM
We aren't talking about selling stock.

keldog
Jul 16 2004, 07:56 PM
duke with your game all you need is three :D

bschweberger
Jul 16 2004, 09:44 PM
B4 I went out on tour I carried 28 discs. Whatever I practice with is what I carried all the time.

gnduke
Jul 17 2004, 12:28 AM
what ever do you mean ?
I can loose 3 discs on one hole.
Then where would I be.

I always carry about 3 backups of everything just to make sure I can finish the round. :D

exczar
Jul 17 2004, 08:04 PM
what ever do you mean ?
I can loose 3 discs on one hole.
Then where would I be.

I always carry about 3 backups of everything just to make sure I can finish the round. :D

You might do better, Gary, if they didn't get shot up right before they went in the basket! :D

gnduke
Jul 17 2004, 11:45 PM
Doesn't matter, it they hit, they just bounce out.

dannyreeves
Jul 18 2004, 07:08 PM
I like to carry about 8 discs and 12 beers. The beer really helps the putting.

Jul 19 2004, 01:00 PM
I carry 15...... I never know if it will be windy when i get there or for second round. I carry a set of heavier discs with me just in case. I also have a few crappy discs for chunking across lakes..... if the course calls for it. That way i am not so heart broken if i "sacrifice it." I am actually considering of getting a bigger bag!

flyboy
Jul 21 2004, 12:47 PM
14 is the # I allow in Fly 18 events that is golf.Chose your wepons and no replacing the in round.Any over will cost you a stroke per hole per disc.When we play on my courses and a golfer askes how many discs are you allowed to use and we say 14 there reply is oh just like the # of clubs we are allowed.Follow success and success will follow.For casual play bring as many as you want like golf.If you need more than 14 your game is suffering.Think about your shot ,you only have 14 bullets ,and 18 holes course management is a must........F18

scoop
Jul 21 2004, 12:53 PM
How many golf balls can a golfer carry in their bag? I think that balls=discs is much more accurate comparison than is clubs=discs. But whatever. Your course=your rules.

baldguy
Jul 21 2004, 01:36 PM
Gary's disc-carrying capabilities are severely limited by the amount of sand in his bag.

pterodactyl
Jul 21 2004, 01:49 PM
I don't carry any. I leave that up to my caddy. :cool:

esalazar
Jul 21 2004, 01:53 PM
why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!limit # of discs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!simply stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

m_conners
Jul 21 2004, 04:01 PM
Good point Rooster...some people do carry WAY to many discs. It would suck if you had to pull a tin cup on the last hole of a fly 18 event :cool:

gnduke
Jul 21 2004, 06:40 PM
When is the last time a ball golfer lost a club in the top of a tree or the bottom of a pond ?

Baldguy,

The sand in the bag has a stabilizing effect and keeps the discs I carry from bouncing around too much.

Jul 21 2004, 06:41 PM
i don't know but this is my 1000 post :D

gnduke
Jul 21 2004, 06:47 PM
Oh you Beast you.

Jul 21 2004, 09:55 PM
14 is the # I allow in Fly 18 events that is golf.

I'm sorry, I thought the question was how many discs one could carry in a tournament, not how many discs is one allowed to carry at a flyboy "the only minorities welcome around here are those who work on the grounds crew" country club courses.

esalazar
Jul 22 2004, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE]
"the only minorities welcome around here are those who work on the grounds crew" country club courses.

what the _ _ _ _!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exczar
Jul 22 2004, 11:51 AM
I seriously doubt that there are any fly18 courses at country clubs! I would guess that the great majority are on municipal or private but open to the public courses.

If a country club doesn't let anyone but members and guests use the course, guess how they would treat a fly18 course.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the homeless shelter... :D

flyboy
Jul 22 2004, 12:52 PM
When you get the DGWN you will get to see my country club.The course is in West Palm Beach home of the PGA the polo grounds are on the same block.All of the houses surrounding the course known as arow club drive have airplane hangers in them.Familys with memberships take thier custom carts and family to play disc golf.On saturdays you can get lessons from Gregg Hosfeld for $30 an hr.After your round you can go and eat at the buffet all you can eat for $ 7.50 .Or you can shower,or a sana ,or the hot tub, or take a swim in the olympic size pool ,or watch sports on one of the 60" flat screen TVs while sipping a cocktail at the huge wraparound bar.If golf has got you down you can try one of the 14 tennis courts.I am working on 2 courses that only members can play PRIVATE.Fly 18 has been invited to the PGA show in Las Vegas I have 3 booths.We will be giving a demo on disc golf with Callaway and titelist at the course.Juliana K .and Shawn S .and my bussiness partner Lawrence Lejon ,a teaching golf pro actor along with me the MC .Fly 18 is rewriting the rulebook ,because of the venue, this is no park, and cannot be treated like one.If you do not agree with the venue ,or the rules of fly 18 ,you do not have to enter the event. You can rent a golf cart ,and watch with a cocktail in hand ,if you run out they will bring you another.There are bathrooms his and hers throughout the course.Do you think we can change some of our old rules to get thes verry special features?America is about options, fly 18 is just one. ;)

Jul 23 2004, 12:39 AM
Do I have to wear a collared shirt at one of these events? :D

Jul 23 2004, 11:40 AM
".Follow success and success will follow."

lolroflol looking for basket at classic par 3 but alas your fluke 18 success, succeeded from Texas

arrogance is a crutch

ryangwillim
Jul 23 2004, 11:47 AM

7-9 for tourney play (depending on course)
2-7 for casual

ANHYZER
Jul 23 2004, 12:29 PM

2-7 for casual

Ryan,

you forgot to mention that you carry my bag for me sometimes, so that's another 9. :p

flyboy
Jul 23 2004, 01:51 PM
I can see from your large pdga# you have not played that long.I can also see that you take pleasure in others misfortune.The course was bought out, the new owner has other plans for the course.I have moved 3 courses in 4 years nothing is forever.Water will seek its own level.In my business plan I expect to only get 15% of our presest disc golfers you must be one of the 85% I did not expect to get no loss.Enjoy the heat.

Jul 23 2004, 02:05 PM
I can see from your large pdga# you have not played that long.I can also see that you take pleasure in others misfortune.The course was bought out, the new owner has other plans for the course.I have moved 3 courses in 4 years nothing is forever.Water will seek its own level.In my business plan I expect to only get 15% of our presest disc golfers you must be one of the 85% I did not expect to get no loss.Enjoy the heat.

Just out of curiousity, can anyone explain what they're talking about? This conversation they're having is questioning my perception of reality. I can't tell if I should understand them and I'm the one out of it or if it's not supposed to be understood or I'm just have some wierd "it's almost the weekend" thing going on.

Jul 23 2004, 03:30 PM
garublador
nothing to understand, just a bunch of hooplah,

I haven't read any of flyboy's better than thou statements in a while and thought if I made a comment he would take the time look up my pdga number. I have been playing long enough to know when I stepped in something.

ryangwillim
Jul 23 2004, 08:58 PM

2-7 for casual

Ryan,

you forgot to mention that you carry my bag for me sometimes, so that's another 9. :p

The only time I carry your bag is when you and I compete for the contents of it, then it is my bag :o

Apie
Jul 27 2004, 01:36 PM
Flyboy, I have been playing for 16 years and I don't have a # yet. PDGA # has nothing to do with how long you have been playing. I thought that was obvious.

scoop
Jul 27 2004, 01:42 PM
I can see from your large pdga# you have not played that long.

So following your logic, your lack of a PDGA # indicates that you have just started playing, but intend to sign up any day now, so others will always have a record of exactly when you began playing?

tdwriter
Jul 27 2004, 02:59 PM
There are numerous people with extremely low numbers that haven't been current in years and probably don't even compete anymore. Just look up some low numbers and see how many are current. Guys with five digit numbers might have been playing daily for years. I've been playing 21 years and have a low number, but only play on the weekend and in tournaments. Plus, I've taken some breaks in there as well. PDGA numbers really have nothing to do with one's experience in the sport. russ3523 :cool:

Jul 29 2004, 11:09 PM

Reese, I thought we talked about this. You're backsliding. Your complete and total lack of people skills when speaking to other golfers will be your undoing. Its a given.

Like water seeking its own level...or something like that.

Blarg
Aug 03 2004, 05:03 AM
Absurd!!!
How many balls are you allowed to carry for a round of golf?
What are the statistics on lost clubs during a round of golf?
How many clubs get damaged to the point where they behave differently during a round? How many clubs become permanently lodged in trees? How many clubs are accidentally thrown into a lake, or up on somebody's roof, or into the street where they get run over, or smashed into a tree at 60 miles an hour???...I could go on and on. Any of the above could happen to a disc in any round of Disc Golf, or, in fact, on any one hole!
Disc Golf is NOT Ball Golf. There are a few similarities, but there are far more differences that you seem all too anxious to overlook. In disc golf, the ball is the disc is the club. Imagine ball golf where you had to throw the clubs at the hole, often as hard as you can throw. Try to finish 18 holes with all 14 clubs intact and their behavior unaltered.
For the above reasons and for many more, I don't see anything wrong with carrying 20-25 discs. Discs are lost and damaged at EVERY tournament in EVERY round.
A disc is capable of hundreds of flight paths. A ball never will be. Various discs behave differently according to a myriad of factors. Disc courses/rules should be designed with these paths and behaviors in mind.

Follow a wrong idea and wrong ideas will follow.

Love to see you hit a double helix with a 3-wood.

rhett
Aug 03 2004, 11:11 AM
Imagine ball golf where you had to throw the clubs at the hole, often as hard as you can throw.

That actually sounds like fun.

Aug 03 2004, 11:15 AM
Actually it sounds like me when I play ball and stick. :)

esalazar
Aug 03 2004, 02:20 PM
When you get the DGWN you will get to see my country club.The course is in West Palm Beach home of the PGA the polo grounds are on the same block.All of the houses surrounding the course known as arow club drive have airplane hangers in them.Familys with memberships take thier custom carts and family to play disc golf.On saturdays you can get lessons from Gregg Hosfeld for $30 an hr.After your round you can go and eat at the buffet all you can eat for $ 7.50 .Or you can shower,or a sana ,or the hot tub, or take a swim in the olympic size pool ,or watch sports on one of the 60" flat screen TVs while sipping a cocktail at the huge wraparound bar.If golf has got you down you can try one of the 14 tennis courts.I am working on 2 courses that only members can play PRIVATE.Fly 18 has been invited to the PGA show in Las Vegas I have 3 booths.We will be giving a demo on disc golf with Callaway and titelist at the course.Juliana K .and Shawn S .and my bussiness partner Lawrence Lejon ,a teaching golf pro actor along with me the MC .Fly 18 is rewriting the rulebook ,because of the venue, this is no park, and cannot be treated like one.If you do not agree with the venue ,or the rules of fly 18 ,you do not have to enter the event. You can rent a golf cart ,and watch with a cocktail in hand ,if you run out they will bring you another.There are bathrooms his and hers throughout the course.Do you think we can change some of our old rules to get thes verry special features?America is about options, fly 18 is just one. ;)

****! do you have a website? where can i get more info?

bschweberger
Dec 09 2004, 11:38 PM
As many as your back can handle

Dec 10 2004, 12:00 AM
Or as many as your homies can carry for you

esalazar
Dec 10 2004, 12:49 AM
still not a definate answer!!!

Dec 10 2004, 01:56 AM
as many as you want.......go to the rule book and find out

Dec 10 2004, 07:09 AM

Dec 10 2004, 09:32 AM
Fore!

crotts
Dec 10 2004, 02:06 PM

Didn't realize the answer to the ultimate question of life the universe and everthing was the number of discs you could carry.

Awesome.

: ) :

circle_2
Dec 10 2004, 02:24 PM
Ooooooo...and I'll be "42" on the 28th...tis a sign, TIS A SIGN!!! :eek: :D

Dec 10 2004, 04:35 PM
Didn't realize the answer to the ultimate question of life the universe and everthing was the number of discs you could carry.

Awesome.

: ) :

It makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

Chris Hysell
Dec 10 2004, 07:09 PM
All of them

Dec 10 2004, 08:11 PM
Fore!

You bellowed?