atreau3
Nov 16 2004, 06:06 PM
In the offseason, I want to work on my wrist snap...

Has anyone used either the Powerball Gyroscope or the Dynaflex to strengthen their snap? Do they work? Extra distance as a result?

Thanks!

Erick

rhett
Nov 16 2004, 06:08 PM
Where's Ash when you need him??? :D

twoputtok
Nov 16 2004, 06:36 PM
I've still got a few.

email me.

DiscGolfTool
Nov 16 2004, 08:39 PM
I got a Dynaflex and it doesn't work, the string didn't fit in the ball to spin and I could only get the speed up a couple times with my fingers to get the gyroscope action. I actually thought it was cool when I got it to gyro, but it was too much effort to get it to spin fast enough. I emailed the company a bunch of times and they never responed, so it just sits in a box.....
Good Luck,
Matt
If anyone has tips on how to get it to work let me know...someone who has used other ones tried mine and said it was broken...so its not just me....

stevemaerz
Nov 16 2004, 09:16 PM
I have a powerball and several Dynaflexes. I would reccomend the powerball with the led display. The powerball is better balanced and is capable of higher speeds and thus more resistance. I also find trying to improve your top speed as recorded by the led keeps you from getting bored.
Yes, I do think it will help your golf game. Any exercise which develops grip strength and wrist flexors and forearms will eventually yield positive results on the golf course. Not only in distance but also control in windy conditions (more spin on the disc) and greater range in putting. Good luck!

fulcan
Nov 17 2004, 12:22 AM
I've had a dynaflex for a while. I'm not sure if it has actually helped, but it can't have hurt. I lost the string within the first few days, so I would run it along the carpet to build it up to speed. After a while I was able to flick it with my thumb a couple of times in order to start it up. Since I'm a computer programmer, I've used it more as a break during the day to keep from getting carpal tunnel.

dm4
Nov 17 2004, 11:55 AM
I hyper extended my elbow a couple years back. I got the one with the lights and it did help. I have not done it in awhile, but pick it up every now and then. I think it would help my grip if I did it every day. I am going to have to work it back into my routine. Thanks for the great idea!!! :D

xterramatt
Nov 19 2004, 10:43 AM
I saw copycat clones for sale at like Best Buy for $7.99. thought y'all'd be interested, especially as gifts.

atreau3
Nov 19 2004, 11:06 AM
Cool, thanks Matt...

I'll check it out, then if i like it, buy the real one for $40.

Erick

twoputtok
Nov 19 2004, 11:15 AM
I've got the real ones for $30.

atreau3
Nov 19 2004, 12:42 PM
which brand?

PM me and we'll talk