ferretdance03
Sep 19 2005, 12:56 PM
i recently played a round of ball golf (blasphemy, i know) at a courses i have frequented over the years. one particular long hole was always fairly easy to reach in two, but they put a water hazard right in front of the green. this has turned it into a three to the green hole now unless you can bomb the drive.
this got me thinking about how to make hazards to make a somewhat easy hole a little or lot more challenging. i played a realtively short and open 9 hole course(real golf, with discs) over the weekend and really started thinking about man made hazards. not neccesarily mandos or even a water hazard, but something that is the equivilent of a sand trap maybe. If you hit a fairway bunker in ball golf, you're looking at two more shots to get to the green now. I guess what i'm getting at, is there something that you have done/seen/drawn/dreamed that would be like a sand trap in disc golf? a fairway bunker that if you land there, you are going to have to throw a miralce shot to get the green from there, or throw two more shots. i have a couple ideas, but i want to see what others have thought of, if anyone else has even thought of doing this kind of thing. maybe i'm just nutty.

ck34
Sep 19 2005, 01:10 PM
Good idea. It's been discussed on other threads in this topic area. Check it out.