morgan
Feb 02 2006, 06:27 PM
What do you do with work day spoilers? They show up on work day and the only tool they bring is their golf bag. They stand around for maybe 1/2 hour, pretend to do a little work, and then say, 'Who wants to play a round?' and take away 4 or 6 of your best workers. They only show up for work days because they know golfers will be there and think it's a good way to find people to play with.

Feb 02 2006, 06:57 PM
and here i thought it was just this area that had these ummmmmmm.... not-so-good helpers :confused:

august
Feb 03 2006, 09:02 AM
I had a work day earlier this month and the flyer said specifically that the golf would begin as soon as the work was done. As soon as the work was done, two people showed up to play golf. :confused:

gnduke
Feb 03 2006, 10:35 AM
At least they were paying attention. :cool::D

Parkntwoputt
Feb 03 2006, 11:16 AM
At least they were paying attention. :cool::D

Yeah, no one at our course pays attention to the bulletin board or any other signs, including mando's.

We can have flyers for a tournament posted everywhere on the course, and the day of, people will show up and see all the cars and golf bags and say "man....I did't know there was going to be a tournament today. I would have really wanted to play." then they ask if it is too late to join, and usually this is right after the second round starts.

Out of the 4-500 discgolfers in our town, only 12-15 play tournaments and they are the only guys who actually do any work at the two courses. So we really do not have too bad of a problem with people saying they will work and then bail.

august
Feb 03 2006, 11:54 AM
["man....I did't know there was going to be a tournament today. I would have really wanted to play."

Then you say

"Man..I'm sorry the education system failed to teach you how to read and be aware of your surroundings"

gnduke
Feb 03 2006, 01:29 PM
Hey, I don't think the education system is the only thing responsible for that.

specialk
Feb 03 2006, 02:08 PM
Around here, baskets don't go in until the rest of the course is done. It's a great incentive to get work done.

morgan
Feb 04 2006, 01:38 PM
I'm surprised so many voted to lose their pre-reg but they deserve it.

Every work day, there are 5 or 10 people who show up around 2 PM with escuses why they were late, and then say "Are you guys ready to play some rounds?"

That's when you tell them, "We already played a round, now we are going to start clearing the weeds, glad you can help" and hand them the whacker.

quickdisc
Feb 05 2006, 08:07 PM
If every golfer helped out , even just a little , each course would be maintained !!!!!

august
Feb 06 2006, 12:02 PM
Hey, I don't think the education system is the only thing responsible for that.

You're right, that was unfair. More likely a genetics issue.