dinoroger
Sep 06 2008, 03:02 PM
In my area we have one very out-dated 15 hole course with 10 of these being homemade baskets. In the near future I hope to help install some concrete tee boxes and was wondering about how to mark them. I noticed on most courses that get allot of ware and tear but not much love due to the lack of players, no clubs, and kids who have no idea what the baskets are except for fun playground equipment that the signs are almost always destroyed. i was thinking instead of making signs or posts with the hole info was to use 3D stencils in the concrete tee boxes. The stencils would give the hole number. An arrow direction to basket and some kind of shape. The shape would represent either a white box or blue box. Does the PDGA have any specific shapes that already represent these type of boxes? If not, for color blind people a shape would be a helpful thing for all to identify the box. I guess I could also put the letter W or B, but since it's an international sport the official shape representation still would be a good thing to have.

cgkdisc
Sep 06 2008, 09:38 PM
One set of international symbols is used for skiing in North America. Green circle, blue square, black diamond and double black diamond. We use color sequences for skill levels but I'm not sure we want to have a symbol and color connected. But I could see using the sequence of diamond-square-circle as needed on existing courses for identifying different sets of tees using whatever colors are used for the tees. Some courses might have gold diamond and white square tees. Another course might have blue square and red circle tees.

stevenpwest
Sep 06 2008, 10:34 PM
Also mountain biking trails. They are using those shapes for the rate-yourself security lines at airports, too. (Families with kids - green circle, Business traveler = expert, black diamond). So, they must be fairly universal.

Hmmm. Replace Purple, Green, Red, White, Blue, Gold with Green Circle, Double Green Circle, Blue Square, Double Blue Square, Black Diamond, Double Black Diamond?

dinoroger
Sep 06 2008, 11:10 PM
Also mountain biking trails. They are using those shapes for the rate-yourself security lines at airports, too. (Families with kids - green circle, Business traveler = expert, black diamond). So, they must be fairly universal.

Hmmm. Replace Purple, Green, Red, White, Blue, Gold with Green Circle, Double Green Circle, Blue Square, Double Blue Square, Black Diamond, Double Black Diamond?

Can we put them in a box of fiber and call them Lucky Charms?

curt
Sep 07 2008, 01:46 AM
I would also consider putting the distance to the basket on the tee.

dinoroger
Sep 07 2008, 02:54 AM
Gonna leave par and distance off in case the baskets locations change. Tee boxes will be perm of course but we may change the basket placements to try and squeeze in 3 more hole some day.