Brooks
Jul 07 2009, 02:53 PM
I am putting together a proposal for a course in Lebanon, IN. The parks department is very willing to provide the land for a disc golf course, but we will be responsible for the materials and costs.

I am a high school teacher and have decided to involve our high school students in this project. Once school starts back up in a few weeks, the Environmental Club will adopt this as "their" project, helping prepare the course (beautifying the park) and eventually assisting in installation. I'm expecting that "selling" this as a project of our high school's environmental club will likely make acquiring hole sponsors much easier as well as increasing the willingness of the community to support the development of the course and future events.

I'm hoping to get a few ideas from the disc golfing community for the following needs:

1. Does anyone have any ideas for 18 good-looking tee signs under $50 ea.?
The tee signs must be able to include the name, info, and logo of the hole sponsor. I teach graphic design, so I'd love to design the artwork (hole layout and sponsor) myself for the tee sign. DGA sells an 8"x11" sign with plexiglass covering for $65. I'll probably go that route if I can't find a solution under $50.

2. Does anyone have any ideas on building a free-standing message board (one that uses a locking case). Our school's building trades or construction class could build it for us and the only cost would be the materials. If possible, share with me advice, blueprints, and/or photos of examples. Again, I'm looking for the most cost effective, yet attractive solution.

I'm sure I'll have some other questions later.
Thanks for you help,
Vince

gnduke
Jul 08 2009, 06:24 AM
Locked kiosks tend to attract vandals. When it isn't locked, just latched to keep it closed, there is no challenge.

GDL
Jul 09 2009, 03:01 PM
Here's a sweet tee sign idea (http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5756&highlight=)

For more info, contact [email protected]

/messenger